Skip to content
- This foundation course develops an understanding of the role of IT in the value chain and the ever-changing competitive arena of information age.
- The focus is on the following topics:
- The nature and characteristics of information technology (IT),
- The strategic roles of IT for organizational improvements in operations,
- Planning and decision making.
- The course is directed toward future IT specialists, consultants, and managers who:
- must have a basic understanding of information technologies,
- identifying strategic opportunities for Information Systems (IS) deployment, managing IT resources, and evaluating IT investments.
- Attendance list [click here]
- MCQ transcript [click here]
- Visit here (use your student email account) to register group information and final project topic by 12/01/2020.
- Chapter 00: Course Introduction [Lecture]
- Chapter 01: Managing in the Digital World [Lecture | CS1 | CS2 | CS3 | Exercise]
- Chapter 02: Gaining Competitive Advantage Through Information Systems [Lecture | CS1 | CS2 | Exercise]
- Chapter 03: Managing the Information Systems Infrastructure and Services [Lecture | CS1 | Exercise]
- Chapter 04: Enabling Business-to-Consumer Electronic Commerce [Lecture | CS1]
- Chapter 05: Enhancing Organizational Communication and Collaboration Using Social Media [Lecture | CS1]
- Chapter 6: Enhancing Business Intelligence Using Information Systems [Lecture | CS1]
- Chapter 7: Enhancing Business Processes Using Enterprise Information Systems [Lecture | CS1]
- Chapter 8: Strengthening Business-to-Business Relationships via Supply Chain and Customer Relationship Management [Lecture | CS1]
- Chapter 9: Developing and Acquiring Information Systems [Lecture | CS1]
- Chapter 10: Securing Information Systems [Lecture | CS1]
- Joseph Valacich, Christoph Schneider (2017). Information Systems Today: Managing the Digital World (8th Edition). Pearson.
- Kenneth C. Laudon, Jane P. Laudon (2017). Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm (15th Edition). Pearson.
- Ralph Stair, George Reynolds (2016). Fundamentals of Information Systems (8th Edition). Cengage Learning.