This module introduces the fundamental concepts of problem solving by computing and programming using an imperative programming language. It is the first and foremost introductory course to computing. Topics covered include problem solving by computing, writing pseudo-codes, basic problem formulation and problem solving, program development, coding, testing and debugging, fundamental programming constructs (variables, types, expressions, assignments, functions, control structures, etc.), fundamental data structures: arrays, strings and structures, simple file processing, and basic recursion.
- Week 1: Introduction | Computing Fundamentals | Algorithmic Problem Solving [PDF | PDF]
- Week 2: Overview of C Programming [PDF]
- Week 3: Top-down Design & Function [PDF]
- Lecture section: Phuc H. Duong, M.Sc.
- Lab section: visit SAKAI system.
If you have question which is not personal or confidential, we encourage you to post on forum on SAKAI. To contact teaching staff in person, we recommend you to come in office hour. Or, you can send email to me at email@example.com. By sending email to teaching staff, we will arrange to answer as soon as possible.